A Size Healthier in 2009 - Even if it Kills Me!

Monday, June 30, 2008

VA-CA-TION is all I ever wanted...

Vacation time is upon me. I've been a bit worried that all this hardwork will be a loss. So, as I prepare my lists of those things I need to pack and prepare for, I am adding, diet and exercise. I don't want to lose all these 4 months of hard-work over a chocolatey melty smore or bags of salted chips. NO! I must plan - prepare. Make decisions before I have to make the decision in a time of weakness (or forgetfulness or neglectfulness or not really caring-ness.)

I know that I can go swimming in the lake (Lake Ontario). I can make time for a few laps back and forth to get in some of my cardio time. I could get my bike ready and take it with me. That would be an opportunity to get some cardio. I could also just bring my running shoes and hit the trails and fields for a good ol' fashioned run. That's how I will prepare. I'll know what I will do before I get there.

Yes, there will be plenty of fishing and sitting around. There will be plenty of sitting in a canoe in the middle, not quite the middle of the Lake (I might get hit by a tour boat or a barge between Canada and America). There will be lots of card games and sitting around the campfire. I need that kind of relaxing. But there shall be plenty of activity: running, biking, swimming, canoeing...Maybe some volleyball and frisbee.

Now the diet. That's going to be interesting. I just have to plan ahead. Keep the low-carb afternoons and evenings. I can eat the big breakfast and keep to sandwich meat and grilled meats and veggies for lunches and dinner. It doesn't have to be difficult, just well-prepared. I will allow for a s'more. Maybe two! (Just not on the same night). I can definitely pass on the chips. That won't be too difficult. I will bring my own chopped veggies: carrots, celery, peppers. I can cut them and put them in little baggies. My own snack baggies.

Alright, I'm dreaming way too early about this. Vacation is not for another 2 weeks. Until then, let's hit the gym and hit it hard!

No comments: