A Size Healthier in 2009 - Even if it Kills Me!

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Temperature Guage...

I had to go out of town on a "family" emergency this weekend. It was a 4-day, unplanned excursion away from home. I found myself immediately drawn to fast-food and the TV. Not the best when you are trying to get into a routine with exercise and eating right.

I found some dumb-bells in the house I was staying at. I did some lunges and arm lifts. I found some bungee cords that I used to do some archer pulls. I moved the lawn for over 45 minutes. I went for a walk, used the treadmill. The only thing I didn't do that I could/should have is ab work.

So take my temperature...how am I doing?

I'm making better choices - still not the best, but better choices. I ate cereal with skim milk for breakfast. I also had a jelly donut on the way to the hospital :)

I had a huge taco salad for dinner (ate the whole shell). And a green tea frappucino at Starbuck's. Ok. So, we're not there yet, but we're getting closer.

I was reminded that this is a decision I have to make daily. Eat well. Exercise. Make good choices. It's not always easy. Even more difficult is when you're taken out of your element without planning or preparation. But what do you need to do next...

Get up. Make good choices. Exercise.

Make Better Decisions!

How's my temperature?

No comments: