A Size Healthier in 2009 - Even if it Kills Me!

Thursday, June 5, 2008

It's TRAINER - THURSDAY!


Interesting thing happened at the gym today. Today was session 9 of 10 sessions that I purchased. So, the trainer was talking to me about some options - keep going, etc... Well, she shared that she cannot continue doing the 5:00 a.m. slot on any day. She thought she'd try it, but it's not working for her.


Surprise! It's not the best time for me either! I was doing it because I thought it was the only time slot available for me. She was doing it because she thought it was the only time slot for me. Now we both wish we had this little talk long before today!


Starting next week, it will be TRAINER WEDNESDAYS - at NOON!


In one way, I'm sad - no more Cosby show at 4:00 a.m.


In another way, I'm happy - one or two more hours of sleep!


Either way, I will be more awake, more limber and ready to do some exercising!


Ok. So, here's your daily pep-talk.


Lifting weights is fun. Strength training can be fun. But where the rubber meets the road is tying that in with aerobic exercise (you know, running, cycling, getting your heart rate going). I haven't been doing a very good job of that lately. It shows.


I'm still not losing any weight. I'm not gaining any either...but it's time I start seeing some results.


I need to add 45 minutes of one or more aerobic activities - per day. Yep. PER DAY! That can mean a walk, some biking, some rollerblading, some ellipticalling, some running...Whatever. Just need to add 45 minutes of it to my day. That's been the difficulty.


How do you balance? I have 10 hours of work per day (at least). I'm learning bass guitar. I go to the gym. I'm taking some online courses. I have the daily work that needs to be done - house cleaning, laundry, grocery shopping, bill paying, ... Daily devotionals. Keeping in touch with friends and some of the youth I've invested in. And, still get 8 hours of necessary, required, can't live or function without - SLEEP! It's not easy, but the balance can and will be found.


Just get into a routine! Plan - plan - plan!


Alright, I have to get back to work - lots o' stuff to do today!


Don't forget - 45 minutes - get that heart rate pumping!

No comments: