A Size Healthier in 2009 - Even if it Kills Me!

Monday, June 23, 2008

Going to the gym is becoming a habit.

I got a new gym buddy today. Another fellow ASI-er and I are now carpooling. Going to the gym is OK, but it's even more fun with a buddy.

I got to watch another couple of episodes of "I Love Lucy" as I sweat away on the elliptical and the treadmill. I felt like I got in a pretty good work-out. It's so needed!

In case you're wondering, I still haven't gotten anywhere with the weight loss. I'm still fluctuating a few pounds up...a few pounds down. All while eating low-carb and going to the gym everyday.

I took the next step in trying to figure this whole thing out and scheduled a complete set of blood tests with my doctor on Friday. I just thought I'd get the numbers and ensure there's not a medical reason for not losing weight. I know weight loss takes time and hard-work, but at this rate, I'll lose 1-2 lbs a year and it'll take until I'm over 90 to reach my goals!

SO if you think of me, pray for my appointment on Friday morning. It's a complete fasting work-up. I have to drink lots of water. I should be fine - although, I'll be craving that cup of Jo' immediately following!

Hope to see you at the gym.

No comments: