A Size Healthier in 2009 - Even if it Kills Me!

Friday, April 3, 2009

10k is Tomorrow.

I put in another 3 miles yesterday. In fact, I programmed my I-Pod to a 5k - to see what I could do. But yesterday was not my day. When you head out on a run, it doesn't take that long into it (maybe a half-mile) and you know how it's going to go. I was sluggish. I knew it was a matter of just slogging through the 3-miles. That's how it felt - that's how it went. My time was average for me, but I felt sluggish and tired. I'm kind of glad today is a rest day, especially since tomorrow is the 10-k.

I've still had that odd pain in the back of my calf near the crease in my knee. I have no clue what it is. Just when I think it's gone, it comes back. It's just weird. I've been stretching pretty diligently in hopes that maybe it's just a tight muscle that just needs a little stretching. I've been wearing a neoprene calf sleeve to keep it warm when I run - hoping that will keep it warm and loose. It works while I'm running. Maybe I need to wear it all day too.

I'm ready for tomorrow's run. It's supposed to be windy and possibly chilly because of the wind. I'll be wearing shorts, but a long sleeve top. I'm kind of excited about the 6.2 miles. It's my first "official" 6.2 run. I can put it in the record books as a time to beat in the future. It will also be a good test for how I'm going to do on the 10-miler - though the 10-miler is completely downhill the entire way - now that's cool! No extra strain.

As far as any weight loss, it seems I'm hanging onto this 209 lbs. It's just been a battle that I am getting tired of fighting. I'm continuing to watch what I eat and I've been following this run schedule pretty diligently. I havent' been going to the gym everyday, but that's because I don't want to wear myself down from this training schedule.

Any hints/ideas/suggestions or words of encouragement to get me from this plateau would be greatly appreciated!

I'll try to update tomorrow after the run to let you know how it goes. If I don't, just check out my Nike+ Mini. She'll update when I download my run.

Until later...happy running.

1 comment:

The Gang's Momma! said...

I have a "jump start" thing from Weight Watchers that I can dig up and get to you. It's been helpful in the past toward getting me and others in the program off "plateaus" - kinda boosts ya to the next level. Let me know . . .