A Size Healthier in 2009 - Even if it Kills Me!

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Good-Bye Kristen!

Ok - a little diversion from what would be the norm on my blog...

I am a HUGE fan (literally and figuratively) of THE BIGGEST LOSER. It is the only program on television that I watch consistently. I love hearing the stories, watching the challenges and just generally getting into the "game play" of the program. But the biggest thing, I love watching people transform their lives (physically and emotionally) on national TV.

This season has had it's share of ups and downs, as all seasons, but this season seems different. There's not as much "on-screen" back-biting and just plain ol' nastiness. This group of people seem to genuinely care for one another and challenge one another to do better and work harder. Granted, this is a reality TV show and there is a $250k prize looming in the near future, so there is still the element of wanting to win, but generally, this season seems kinder.

My favorite player to this point is hands-down - Kristen. She has shown an immense amount of integrity and the determination to actually change her life. She hasn't gotten involved in the game play and all the "talk-talk" that happens (at least on-screen). She has just worked hard and done her best to lose the weight and stick around week-to-week.

I was as shocked as everyone else to see her gain a pound last night. It didn't even enter my mind that she would consider "game play" and throwing the weigh-in. I was shocked - just shocked!

Even though she was voted off last night, I don't think that's the last we'll hear from her. She has the potential to affect so many lives through her testimony and experiences. We'll be hearing more from her in the future.

We'll also be seeing her at the finale'. She has a pretty good chance of winning the 2nd prize - $100k. I wouldn't be surprised!

To Kristen I say, "thank you for being real over these past 16 weeks. Your example has inspired me and countless others in our journey to becoming healthier and thinner."

Don't STOP NOW!

No comments: