A Size Healthier in 2009 - Even if it Kills Me!

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Only 5 more days 'til Broad Street

It's only 5 days away. I've trained. I've drained. And I've trained some more.

My legs are ready. My body is ready. I'm ready.

The weather should be in the 50's for the run - which is PERFECT! The humidity that's been plaguing us will be gone. The sun will be shining - it's going to be a beautiful day for a 10-miler.

Today is light running day. I'll hit the gym at lunchtime to strength-train. Because of the knees and the running, I've been focusing on my upper-body and core. I believe that is what's carried me through this training season. I have a 3-miler to do tonight - between work, dinner and prayer meeting and The Biggest Loser. Maybe I'll skip dinner. :)

I love these training seasons, don't get me wrong, but...I will be glad when it's over. During a training season, all focus is put on the schedule.

"Can't miss a run!"

Other things are put aside. Granted, this hasn't been as bad as previous training seasons. At least I've had time and have been able to accomplish many other things. I do have other interests...gardening, completing my coursework for credentialing, sleeping, learning Bass (just to name a few). But the schedule comes before all else.

I do plan on continuing a regular routine of running, but those distances will be 2-3 miles, 2-3 times a week. No mega-runs (unless I feel like it). I can complete those distances on the treadmill during my lunch-hour.

Alright - time to focus...only 5 more days.

No comments: