A Size Healthier in 2009 - Even if it Kills Me!

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Running through the Pain...WHAT PAIN??!!

Last night, I forced myself to run the 3-miles on my training schedule.

The reason why is that I don't feel like running. My legs hurt. My knees feel like they are twice the size that they really are. I can barely bend them. My derriere hurts. The muscles are just plain and tired. My lungs hurt. It was cold outside. I even used my inhaler before running to prevent any asthmatic attacks induced by the cold air.

But guess what? A few minutes into the run, my knees didn't hurt as much. My butt hurt, but that's no big deal. My lungs - they functioned normal for me - thanks to albuterol.

In fact, today, I feel great. My legs feel great. I can even bend my knees without feeling like they're gonna pop. My butt is still sore (probably from riding bike the other day). The wheezing in my lungs is minimal. Interesting.

I ran when my body was screaming no and today my body is bowing in thankful adoration for me doing it anyway. I guess it's true that sometimes, you just have to run through the pain.

Oh, By the way, I remembered to pack my gym bag. That's the first crucial step to getting to the gym. I also carried it to my car - second step. Now, the third and final step - driving to the gym - keep your fingers crossed!

No comments: