A Size Healthier in 2009 - Even if it Kills Me!

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

What's Changed?

I don't know what's changed...the scale has been the same for a long time now, but for whatever reason, everyone's asking if I've lost weight. Wha????

Yes, my pants are baggy in the butt, but they've been that way for awhile. I'm still wearing the same clothes, but the scale has remained rock solid - almost as if it is a rock and the number will never change.

I'm glad for people noticing. It's a bit discouraging when you feel like you work hard and give it all you got, but there's nothing to show for it. Now that I'm in plateau-mode, everyone's noticing...interesting.

I'M NOT COMPLAINING - REALLY I'M NOT!

The encouraging words are nice. They're...encouraging.

This whole weightloss thing has been a mental struggle for me for awhile. I don't just eat a salad a few times and boom - 5 lbs lost. I have to eat less than 1600 calories and workout at the gym religiously - for months - FOR MONTHS - to see any weightloss. So to have someone notice the hard-work - it's nice.

Now, don't get all concerned that I'm going to breakout in the belly shirts and low-risers anytime soon. I still have some modesty about me. And plus, that would still be plain ol' gross to look at!

I don't know what's changed - but I'll TAKE IT!

1 comment:

The Gang's Momma! said...

Funny, both Todd and I noticed that you look slimmer this past Sunday. Mona too! Whatever you are doing, hang in there. You look good and from what I can tell, you sound like you feel good. The numbers shouldn't matter so much if everything else is going well and you are taking care of you in the best way you know how to.

I'm so anxious to jump back to some workout routine - been noodling that for a week or two, how to fit it in . . . Sunshine and 60's helps me feel motivated more :)