A Size Healthier in 2009 - Even if it Kills Me!

Monday, April 6, 2009

10k - Completed in Record Time!

I finished my first 10k this weekend.

My goal - 1:20 (just under a 13-min pace per mile)
My actual - 1:17

I was darn excited! I have been pushing myself in my long runs to get around a 12:30 pace. I tend to do well the first few miles then slow way down for the middle and pick-up at the end.

There were a few times I wanted to stop and walk, but I made myself continue. I know that if I walked, I could have bettered my pace in the long run, but I decided to continue running, even if it resembled more of a slow crawl, because I was going for the endurance and completion - not speed. Between the wind and the hills, it was pretty grueling in my book!

Now I can honestly say I ran a 10k - the whole thing!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Marianne! This is great. I have never run more than 50 minutes(5 miles) myself. 10K is indeed an achievement! Congrats!

- prem