A Size Healthier in 2009 - Even if it Kills Me!

Friday, October 10, 2008

A Weekend of Football, Family and FOOD!

It's one of those beautiful fall days. It's a little warmer than normal. The sun is brightly shining. The colors of autumn are springing forth. It's just beautiful!

I will be headed to NY this weekend for a weekend of Homecoming Football. My nephew plays football for his high school and tonight is their homecoming game. He's been asking for weeks if I would come. Why not - it's the perfect weekend for that. Some of my other siblings had heard and were planning on a visit over the weekend too. It makes for a time of football, family, and of course, food.

This is where trickery mocks me. I try not to stick-up my nose and say no thank you, eating what is placed before me. But this is what has been my downfall for nearly my entire life. What is a help is that my niece is a very particular eater - so, I find it easier to follow her lead. That's the plan for tonight and tomorrow.

I also like visiting this sibling in that the high school track is less than a mile from their home. I have ran on this track practically everytime I have visited them. So, Saturday morning will be no exception. Plus, the nephews like to run with their auntie - even though she's practically a foot shorter and runs like a slug.

So off I go on a car ride through the Poconos - enjoying the beautiful autumal splendor and a weekend of football, family and food!

2 comments:

FatGirl said...

This weekend is the Texas/OU game...a potential snacking disaster! I went out last night for a little while and there were crowds of Oklahoma fans everywhere being obnoxious.

I'm going to resist the urge to gorge on chips and queso today. It's going to be so HARD. :-(

Mariann said...

I was in Dallas a few years back during Texas/OU - the whole town was crazy! Hope it went well!