A Size Healthier in 2009 - Even if it Kills Me!

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Rules are there for a reason...

OK. So maybe this is out of sorts for a weight loss blog, but I'm fed-up.

I like rules. I know rules are there for a reason - to keep things right and fair. I like the 10 commandments - they show me the right way to live and to follow what is moral and ethical. I like laws - like speed limits. They are designed to keep me and others safe on the roads.

But what I don't like is when the rules are changed or are more like a moving target! It just really peeves me! Tell me what is expected and then I will follow in that direction. Don't decide later to change the rule, contradicting yourself, to fit your need at that time.

Let's talk about work. We set up rules and consequences for a reason. When we say something to a vendor, shouldn't we abide by it? I think my word is worth something. I don't just go off spouting my mouth on things because it sounds good at the moment. If I say I'm going to do something, then I'm going to do it. I'm not going to find a loophole or a bypass to get around it, I'M GOING TO FOLLOW MY WORD. No matter what it will cost me.

Let's be clear - your word means something to me. If you say it, shouldn't you mean it? Why would you go back on it later?

Alright - let's turn this the purpose of this blog. This pent-up frustration will be taken out today - not in verbal jousting or an irate email or ranting - it will be taken out at the gym.

The equipment is made for that kind of beating. So, I'm going to serve a beating to those weights today. Just watch out for the floor space around me. I just might be tossing, dropping or sweating my frustrations within a 5-foot radius of my very being!

1 comment:

The Gang's Momma! said...

Wow - that's gonna be a sweaty one today :) And seriously, do you have an updated resume ready?! :)