A Size Healthier in 2009 - Even if it Kills Me!

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Falling into Fall...

I didn't make it to the gym yesterday. I was planning on going to a football game of some of the JR. High boys in my church. I was going to run home during lunch and pick-up my North Penn Sweatshirt to cheer them on. On the way to my home, I called the mom of two of the boys to confirm the game only to find out they weren't able to play due to a school project.

Alright, so no football game and no need for a sweatshirt from home.

Then the mom asked where I was and if I wanted to meet her for lunch. Well, of course! I love eating lunch. Since she is babysitting a set of twins, she wanted to go to a lunch place with play tubes = inside. The only place that has that is McD's. Subway and Saladworks don't have play tubes. And since I was already feeling lethargic and functioning on almost 4 hours of sleep, my willpower to make good decisions (or even a faint feeling of caring), I ordered the #7 - Southern Chicken Sandwich, medium fries and a diet coke.

I know, I know. What was I thinking...well, frankly, I wasn't thinking - I DIDN'T CARE! I was going to eat and enjoy this sandwich. And besides, I was working on my Monopoly Millions! It was so worth it! (OK, maybe my next time at the gym will work it all off).

I will be missing the gym at lunch today too. I have a lunch appointment. My goal (and I am pushing for it) is to go after work.

I don't know what it is - maybe it's the change in seasons, but I just don't feel like the extra effort of going to the gym. It's sad, but it's true. I think I'm just going to keep pressing in and going after it - it is exactly what I need!

1 comment:

The Gang's Momma! said...

Okay, all that's well and good, but the really important question here is this:

HOW CUTE are Cate and Maddy? We are totally in love with them and The Boss gets a little teary when they call him "Uncle." I'm excited that starting Friday their mommy is on maternity leave and I get to visit my friend any weekday I want to till February. Yay!