A Size Healthier in 2009 - Even if it Kills Me!

Friday, October 17, 2008

Gonna Run a 5k tomorrow...

Yeah, so, the gym I'm a member of is hosting a 5k tomorrow. I've seen the signs and postings for months now, but never even considered running in it. Well, that was until yesterday. I ran into my trainer in the locker room and she asked if I was running in it.

I said, "no".

She said, "why not?"

I said, "I really don't have a good reason..."

She said, "Registration starts at 7:30 - see you there!"

I said, "ok."

Whaaaa? How did I agree to that so easily. And not only the running part, but getting up on a Saturday to register at 7:30 - that's AM! I have to get up at 6:00 to dress, eat breakfast and drive over there. Oh boy!

I haven't ran in weeks. I've been working out and doing the treadmill and ellipticals and the stairs, but not really running.

I'm in for some fun!

No comments: