A Size Healthier in 2009 - Even if it Kills Me!

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Feeling kinda lazy...

Maybe it's the coolness of the fall air or the lack of sleep I've been experiencing in recent days, but I'm just feeling kinda lazy! Not necessarily lazy in the gym department - more like, lazy in the food department.

I've been drinking coffee in the morning - more days than not. I've drank a few cokes in the past week. I've eaten pumpkin pie maybe once or twice - ok, twice. I've had a donut (only one though). I've skipped meals and ate more than I should have at others. It's been one heck of a lazy two weeks of eating.

It's time to get back on that wagon and start strategizing my meals again. Yes, I said strategizing in reference to my consumption of food. You have to. If you don't plan, you're left floundering on those nights when you don't feel like cooking or arranging anything, you just grab what's easy and filling - whatever that might be.

So, I will take some time this Saturday to strategize (there's that word again) for the next week. That will probably include some homemade soups and bread. I will dust-off that crock-pot (it is now officially fall) and start some all day meals (yummy chili in my tummy). I also plan on dusting-off that $700 investment (the dreaded treadmill) and start using it to walk in the evenings whilst watching my favorite fall programming (usually "The Biggest Loser" and reruns of "Everybody Loves Raymond" or "King of Queens"). I can add that 30 minutes of walking to my lunch routine at the gym.

Speaking of routine at the gym - today is strength training day. I don't know what it is, but I've been dreaming up ways to do ab-work. I have had these visions of medicine balls and crunches and how to incorporate them together...something's wrong with me!

No comments: