A Size Healthier in 2009 - Even if it Kills Me!

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Salt is my enemy...

I haven't been telling you everything...

I have a dirty little secret - maybe not as dirty as others, but still, my deep, dark secret. I LOVE salt!

I usually cook all my food raw. I hardly use any canned product. When I do, I read the label and ensure there are only wholesome ingredients in the food. I also check for the sodium content. Low sodium is the goal. So, I can assure you there's no hidden sodium in the foods I consume, but...

I love salt.

Lately, I feel the need, the necessity...to add salt. Not just any salt - GARLIC SALT. It's like my body is craving the salt. Maybe I do need it, maybe I don't. But I can tell you this, that whole retaining water thingy - it's true!

In the last week, I've had an unusually high craving for salt. What I've been noticing is the swings in my daily weight (some days as high as 4 lbs). It's been a little frustrating. I have noticed the swings have not been there for months. But then again, neither has the salt consumption. But lately, the swings are there - and so is the salt consumption.

Does anyone out there have any good advice on the whole salt thing? I don't think I use a lot, but then again, the scale does not lie. I want to make sure my body gets the sodium it needs, but I don't want to be going overboard and becoming a salt-a-holic.

So for now, I must take control over this sodium beast within that is hungering for more...it's time to start the revolution and put this beast to rest.

My anti-salt revolution now begins!

1 comment:

Suddenly slimmer said...

My personal trainer suggested me to try low sodium diet. It is to eliminate the water in your body. This diet however, is not recommended for long term. You can only do it 1 week maximum. I'd refer to low instead of no sodium. Don't be too extreme.

My opinion is just reduce the salt while you cook and avoid processed or canned food.

BTW, just a little bit of advice...call yourself a winner instead of loser. You've worked toward your weight loss. Good luck and all the best.