A Size Healthier in 2009 - Even if it Kills Me!

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Today is My Birthday!

Today is my birthday. I won't be celebrating with donuts or a big breakfast. There's no balloons or streamers on my doorway at home or my cubicle at work. There's no cake, no ice cream. No big fan fare.

Don't get me wrong. I like ALL those things. I've just learned not to let my expectations get out of hand. I only get disappointed.

So today, I will celebrate - at the gym. I did not cancel my personal trainer. I don't plan on telling her. I don't want her to "take it easy" on me with just 4 sessions left. I want a hard workout. I want to sweat. I want to know that I've conquered another session of training. It makes me feel strong and confident when I walk away from a session knowing that I was able to do whatever was dished out at me - even if I looked stupid trying!

I'll celebrate by doing the best job I can at work today. Maybe I'll watch the olympics tonight. Definitely, I will remember all the wonderful things that God has given to me over these past 37 years.

And maybe, just maybe, there will be donuts!

2 comments:

The Gang's Momma! said...

Happy Birthday!!!

And if you don't get donuts, comfort yourself with the thought that they are waaaaay too high in fat and sugar and that'd just set ya back a day.

As if :)

Happy Birthday, no matter the celebration!

Mariann said...

The funny part - the donuts arrived while I was typing the blog!