A Size Healthier in 2009 - Even if it Kills Me!

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Squatters Anonymous!

After a grueling training workout last week and several days of sore buns, I decided it was time to do some more of those wonderful squats! I had my trainees hanging out with me yesterday and we did a pretty intense workout.

First, we did some standing lunges with the barbell on our shoulders and did some shoulder lifts - only 5 lbs each hand.

Second, we focused on the arms, tricep pulls and bicep curls.

Third, the favorite butt firmer - SQUATS! We used the squat machine (pardon me for lack of the technical term). Those have to be one of my favorite. Why? Because I can feel it later! If I feel it later - then I know they're working. TRUST ME - THEY'RE WORKING!!!

Fourth, Quad lifts and hamstring curls on the "RECLINER" machines. They remind me of a recliner. You adjust the back and the height - for your comfortability. You slide your legs on the cushioned bars. Lean back and just let your legs do the....ha whaaaa....oh sorry, I think I must have dozed off for a moment.

Fifth - heehee - we went to the core room for a few final touches on our workout. (It's sort of like adding the sprinkles or the final decorations on your favorite cake). We did the ABC crunches, the plank, more crunches, the plank, bicycle crunches and finally - the plank.

Finally - stretching. AAAaaaaaaahhhhhhh. Now let out all the frustrations of the day. Breath in the good, out the .... zzzzz .... whaa? oh, sorry. I must have dozed off again.

I should really get back to work.

1 comment:

The Gang's Momma! said...

You've worn me out - I'm tired just reading all these recent posts!!!

Thanks for your prayers - we are so excited to see what God's is going to do on our behalf!!!