A Size Healthier in 2009 - Even if it Kills Me!

Thursday, August 7, 2008

1 Potato, 2 Potato, 3 Potato, Four...

Remember those days when you were younger, those lazy days of summer or weekends, where you would be skipping rope or playing hopscotch with your friends?

Miss Mary Mack, Mack, Mack
All dressed in Black, Black, Black...

You know what I'm talking about. Skipping rope was so much fun. You would count how many you could do without tripping or making a mistake?

Well, let me take you back to those good 'ol days, but fast forward to NOW.

My trainer warned me. She stated there would be jump roping at my next training session. How hard could that be - jump roping? Let me tell you...

I jumped some rope yesterday. I counted - I did over 50 jumps without a mess-up on the first try. I haven't jumped a rope since I was a kid (at least as much as I can remember). Lots of rope jumping - 30 seconds, 1 minutes straight!

Then, let's do the mountain climber and 12 push-ups. Repeat for 3 total reps.

Circuit Training. An ancient Babylonion method of prisoner torture.

Ok. More rope jumping - 30 seconds or so. Squats. Bungee cords. Oh fun. 3 total reps.

Finally, bungee cord, jump sideways over a 1 foot step and bicep curls - 3 total reps.

All I have to say is, "I WAS WHIPPED!"

I don't think the red flush in my face went away until late in the afternoon. This morning, my quads are sore, but I feel stronger.

My endurance is lengthening, strengthening.

My weight - well,...

Anyway, today is cardio day. I think I'll take it easy on my beaten body. Arc trainer - here I come!

No comments: