A Size Healthier in 2009 - Even if it Kills Me!

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Just Say No - It's Only Day 4!

It's day 4 of the Me-Diet. I'm doing well. The food is good. I know...I know...I said that yesterday. But IT'S TRUE!!!

Anyways, a vendor decided that today would be a good day to send some fresh-baked (and warm might I add) cinnabuns, danishes and donuts. And, they included the all-time best, JELLY DONUT!!! I am so sad...

As soon as they placed those donuts on the snack/dessert table (which happens to be in my cubicle - now very, very sad am I), I grabbed my morning snack - PEANUTS (just a small handful ) and a plum (which wasn't very ripe). I ate those items like my life depended on it. Then, I washed them down with a bottled water. Now, even if I wanted to eat that one lonely jelly donut, I couldn't. I'M TOO FULL!

My cubicle neighbor thought that she'd help me out - she wrapped the jelly donut and put it on her desk for me to grab later. There's a bet on how long I'll go without giving in and partaking of the goods. So, I moved them. Yep. I did it. I put them out on the community shelf. All of them. All of the cinnamon buns that are still warm with the glazed topping, with nuts or raisins - they're on the shelf! The danishes with lemon and raspberry or cheese - they're on the shelf. The donuts, fresh from the bakery, ON THE SHELF!

You know what the best part of the shelf is - if I were to walk by now - there would only be empty boxes with the aroma of pastries still there. The pastries are all GONE! As soon as word gets out that there's anything on that shelf for free - the ravens come out and scavange for their morning morsels.

To all my critics out there - KUDOS TO ME! (You can't see it, but I'm patting myself on the back).

My waist will thank me later. My scale will reward me. My conscience will not be seared. I SHALL NOT BE MOVED!

My anti-pastry - RESOLVE, DETERMINATION and PEANUTS!

1 comment:

The Gang's Momma! said...

Wow! Great job! I'd have to be motivated by something other than peanuts. They totally gross me out. But you deserve a kudos. And not the sticky, chocolatey, M&M covered kind either :) Ooooooops, sorry. :)