A Size Healthier in 2009 - Even if it Kills Me!

Monday, August 25, 2008

Diet - day 3.

Today is Day 3 of "me...on a diet". Let me tell you, the cooking for this diet is time-consuming!!! I spent over an hour yesterday just chopping veggies, mincing garlic and ginger and blending black beans into a wonderful soup.

The food is great, but so stinking time consuming! I guess that's why we become so accustomed to canned or jarred or frozen meals. They're convenient. The taste is OK, but that's the price you pay for convenience. The recipes for this diet are wonderful. The food is so tasty. We had to buy so many spices/condiments, herbs and sauces/oils. Black Bean Soup never tasted so good.

Last night, we cooked up some rice pilaf with salmon. The salmon was marinaded in a dressing made up of balsamic vinegar, olive oil, garlic, ginger and honey. Yum!! The pilaf had "glazed" onions and red peppers in brown rice. Tonight, we are having pasta primavera. I'm loving these recipes.

My roommate is graciously participating in this event with me. She does NOT need to be on a diet, but she's going to eat what I eat. She has been constantly thinking about food. She keeps asking what she can/cannot eat; what can she eat next; what's for dinner...it's making me laugh. I personally have been feeling like it's A LOT of food. But, I do what I have to do...:)

I had a deduction on the home scale today. NICE! A little boost like that never hurt. I will update the weight on my dashboard after weighing in at the gym, since that's the scale I'm using as my guide.

Well, only 2 hours until I go to the gym. I didn't go this weekend. I ran on Saturday and walked yesterday. Today is a strength training day! Yeah. Gonna flex some muscles. Workout those glutes. Firm the flab. Maybe I should consider an exercise video by that title, "Firm the Flab". Ha! Maybe I should just stop now and go back to work!

No comments: