A Size Healthier in 2009 - Even if it Kills Me!

Monday, August 11, 2008

Circuit - Training!

"I'm feeling very olympic today." - Sanka ("Cool Runnings")

I always wondered what exactly was circuit-training.

Now, I know. It's a grouping of activities that are done back-to-back without a rest in between.

Today, I took my team of ladies through some circuits. Boy, did I make them sweat!

First, we did four activities (3 reps):
  • Leg lunges while carrying weights
  • Arm lifts
  • Body Squats - no extra weight
  • Bicep Curls

Second, we did 3 activities (2 reps):

  • Mountain climber
  • Push-ups
  • Bungee pulls

Third, we did ball crunches and "rear" crunches (2 sets).

Finally, we stretched and hit the showers.

I don't know about the ladies who were training with me, but I was whipped and now I'm feeling sore.

Back to my opening quote, there's just something about the Olympics that just gets you wanting to get out there and work your tail off. At this point in my life, I believe the only olympics I could ever hope for would be the Senior Olympics! I should get training now. It's only 30 years away!

No comments: