A Size Healthier in 2009 - Even if it Kills Me!

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Me...On a Diet!

Since my doctor recommended I read, "You...On a Diet", I've been slowly making my way through the book. It's been a few weeks now and I finally decided that I would put into practice the "YOU" diet that is recommended.

So, my roommate and I went through the menu online and chose our menu for the week. That was Step 1. Then, we printed out the grocery list for all the ingredients that we would need. Step 2. After, we went to the grocery store and found all the items on the list. Finally, we stood at the register and tried not to be too shocked at the final total.

Before I go into the heart-pounding, mind-numbing total of the grocery bill, please let me tell you that the most I've ever spent for a grocery trip for 1 week of groceris was somewhere around $110. Imagine my surprise and shock when the total came to over $230 - FOR TWO PEOPLE!!!

I'm just thinking, "THIS BETTER be worth it!"

The cashier said we challenged her knowledge of produce. Let's just say we went through the produce aisle and pretty much picked up one of everything! The bagboy jokingly commented to us on the way out, "Enjoy your vegetables!"

So, it's day one of ME ON A DIET. Breakfast was good. I didn't think I'd like the lunch salad, but it was amazingly good. I had my banana snack and now it's time for my afternoon snack. I am not feeling hungry, not feeling like I'm being denied anything (that will come when I go to play mini golf tonight and everyone gets ice cream after). I feel full! I feel satisfied. My fridge is overflowing with a plethora of produce. My body is happy for the healthy choices, and the 2 mile run this morning.

So far, me on a diet - not so bad. I'll keep you posted on how it goes.

No comments: