A Size Healthier in 2009 - Even if it Kills Me!

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Slow and Steady...

After months and months of seeing the scale jump up and then down and then up and then down and then rest around where I started...I'm FINALLY seeing the numbers head down.

It's slow, but it's very consistent. I saw the number on the home scale this morning at a place it hasn't been since I did an all-vegetable fast back in January (and trust me, I'm not vegetable fasting right now). I've been very careful about what I'm eating (following guidelines set by the "You...On A Diet" book. I'm still hitting the gym consistently and increasing the intensity of my workouts - AND IT'S PAYING OFF!!!

What's my next goal? I stopped setting "date" and "quantity" goals. I'm just going for being consistent and real about my diet and exercise, knowing that this is it. I can't go back to my old self, but I can also find times to enjoy those things that I like (like a Coke or chips). I've found some healthier alternatives to my snacking - air-popped popcorn with Butter spray and garlic salt instead of a 1/4 stick of butter; 1 oz. of dark chocolate instead of a package of M&M's; Lots of water and OJ instead of Coke and Coffee...

I do plan on celebrating milestones, though. I'm happy to hit the 2-teens. Soon, 1-90's - that's when I told Trainer-Sue I'd take her out to lunch! Hopefully, that will happen before Thanksgiving.

Alright - back to work.

No comments: