A Size Healthier in 2009 - Even if it Kills Me!

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Running...to the Store!

After a pretty busy weekend of fall decorating, football, shopping and room organizing, I realized I forgot a most important event - grocery shopping. Any well-versed dieter and health nut will tell you the key to keeping on track is - PREPARATION! You have to plan ahead. You have to know what's next...no surprises.

Well, that didn't happen for me. In fact, I've been scrounging. I had made a yummy lasagna for a family in my church and while in the process, I made 2 small one-serving casseroles for me and my roommate. I ate one on Sunday. Since the roommie is dog-sitting for the week - I ate the other one last night. THEY WERE YUMMY!

Now, I know that lasagna is probably not the best choice for calories or anything like that, but they were the best choice for taste (and convenience). How many times can I eat Kashi cereal with blueberries in one day?????

Anyway, I decided to take my morning break at work and hit the local Giant Grocer. I picked up some of my favorite snacks: Bananas, apples, Organic cranberry mixed, yogurt...

I've been eating the same thing for breakfast - Kashi GoLean with Blueberries and Skim Milk.

My mid-morning and afternoon snacks haven't been the best choices: fig newtons, pretzel sticks, chips...

I've pretty much been eating the same lunch - Wendy's Grilled Chicken and Mandaran Salad with low-fat Ranch Dressing with almonds, minus the krispy noodles.

For dinner...WWWEEEELLLLL....(imagine Lucy responding to questioning from Ricky - yeah that's the well I'm talking about). It hasn't been going well. I haven't bought groceries - I haven't planned ahead.

So tonight, I'm having grilled chicken legs with brown rice and grilled veggies. GOOD CHOICE!

I'll make my usual stop at Wendy's for lunch - after my strength/circuit training at the gym. I'm going for gold today. I'm EXCITED! My gym buddies better be ready to sweat!

Alright, it's been a long morning - gotta get focused.

No comments: