A Size Healthier in 2009 - Even if it Kills Me!

Monday, September 8, 2008

It Counts!

Last night, I went to Youth Group for the first time in a year. I've gone to a few of their "hang" events, but I haven't gone to a regular Sunday night meeting since I stepped down over a year ago.

I played some football. I ran. I kicked. I pushed a few kids around (heehee). I scored 2 touchdowns out of the 3 scored for my team! I kept kidding around about being winded-all while waiting for it to happen. I was actually surprised I wasn't. Although, I was completely drenched in sweat - including my socks. Once the flood gates started, it dripped down my knees into my socks. Ewwwwww. I spent almost 30 minutes pretending I was T.O. (I played like him too).

So, my title...It counts! I didn't get to go to the gym. I didn't go running or anything like that. But, I played football and ran around with teenagers (and I kept up)...it counts!

1 comment:

The Gang's Momma! said...

I'm not sure I love the imagery of the sweat dripping down the socks. It sounds sticky.

And TO? Girl, you gotta get a new football hero! Seriously, you are so much humbler and nicer than he is. Maybe some nice David Akers or Brian Dawkins would be appropriate? They're such gentlemen but THEY GET THE JOB DONE, Girl!