A Size Healthier in 2009 - Even if it Kills Me!

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I registered for my first 10k

This morning, I registered for my first 10k (6.2 miles). I have never raced that specific distance. I know it's completely doable. It's also placed perfectly on my training schedule. That Saturday, I have to run a 10k for training, so why not pay to run and get a free long-sleeve T-Shirt?!!!

I was watching THE BIGGEST LOSER last night. I love that show! And last night was the perfect reason why I love watching it. The challenge - run a half marathon (13.1 miles) with friends and family watching on. I loved it. There was so much inspiration and determination in that 2-hour program. I even shed a tear or two while watching.

I know the feeling and the pain and the pride and the frustration of running a 13.1 mile race. There's so much that you deal with. It was amazing to see illustrated in video and in their own words the struggles that they were dealing with.

I feel a resurgence of running power and adrenaline or maybe it's the decaf I drank this morning...

I have been on track with my running schedule, though I will be honest, I have had a few days that I didn't want to go out. Yesterday was one of them - yet, once I went out, I ran one of the fastest times I've ran in awhile. And my goal was just to put in the mileage - not speed. Who knew!!!

So, today is a cross-training day at the gym. Gonna just have some fun. Maybe, I'll sweat a little bit. Maybe I won't. I just need to burn enough calories to burn off the donut I just consumed.

Yep. I said it - I ate a donut. Not just any donut - a powdered Jelly donut. I know, I know. I'm supposed to be watching my calories and dieting and exercising and all that. But here's what I know about me (no excuses - just fact). If I deny...deny...deny...then I'll binge...binge...binge. I don't mean an all out food-fest, but I'll go days eating all these things that I shouldn't be eating.

There you go. The BIG LOSER truth.

Don't worry - I run 2-3 miles every other day. That's a 350-450 calorie burn for me. Saturdays - I burn over 1000 calories on my long runs. I think a mere donut (1 - 2-3 mile run) won't hurt or harm me !

1 comment:

FatGirl said...

You are AMAZING; I'd love to be able to run a single mile, let alone 6 or 13 or however many of them!