A Size Healthier in 2009 - Even if it Kills Me!

Thursday, March 12, 2009

A Downward Fall...(on the scale that is).

I am finally seeing the numbers on that blasted scale head in the right direction - downward. After the struggles I went through for the past 2 weeks with diet and a lack of desire to care, I've finally found myself where I need to be and feel good about it. It's nice when the scale reflects that hardwork.

I have been in training now for a 10-mile run that will happen on May 3rd. I did my first 3 miles the other day - no real soreness later (yeah!). Today, I will put in 2-miles with some strength training. I am looking forward to that run-time.

There's just something about being outside, running, alone...there's think-time. I imagine myself a racing machine - pressing on towards the finish-line. I feel strong. I feel powerful. I feel....ow, what the...my little toe is going numb. Maybe my sock is bunching...My lungs are screaming - I forgot my inhaler (again)...wait, this is all in my head - just keep running. Breath...Left foot. Right foot. Left...hey, look at that squirrel over there...he's racing me - i'll show hi...ooh, pretty butterfly. Focus.

I am weighing in today for the Biggest Loser Contest at the gym. I feel pretty good about the fact that I will finally see the number go down from last week - it would be great if it went down from day one. It would be a nice reward for the hard-work and diligence (and those daily 1500-calories).

I'll send an update after my visit at noon!

No comments: