A Size Healthier in 2009 - Even if it Kills Me!

Friday, March 27, 2009

Why me?!?!

It seems that just when I start getting into a routine or in the midst of training, I get injured. I must attract the injury. I do all the right things. I stretch. I warm-up. I follow the training schedules. I don't know what it is.

Now, I'm not sure how bad it is, but I have the ache in my calf that seems to worsen when I run. It's fine otherwise, but after I run, it really hurts. At first, I thought it was just a tight muscle that wouldn't relax. I used Icy Hot and rubbed it down pretty good. It seemed to get better. I took a day off of running. But today, I thought I'd hit the treadmill and see how it feels. It started to ache.

I have a 5-mile training run tomorrow. I'm going to try and see how it goes. If it continues to persist, I guess it's safe to say that it's something more than a sore muscle (which I am praying against). The "something more" is more likely to be a muscle tear - which won't heal for a few weeks - so pray with me for a sore muscle that will be healed quickly!

I'll give an update later in the weekend to let you know how it's going!

1 comment:

FatGirl said...

I'm sorry to hear about that...I hope it's not a tear! :-(((