A Size Healthier in 2009 - Even if it Kills Me!

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

I'm "officially" IN-TRAINING!

I am "officially" in-training for the Broad Street Run.

I have ran a few times over the past few weeks to start building up some of the endurance I need and tonight - I ran my first official 3 miles. I was very surprised at how well I did. I had run in a 5k in November that I tore my arch tendon just yards from the finish line (I tried to "kick-it" those last few yards and it popped).

I've basically just done a lot of cross-training since. No real running - until tonight.

And it feels great!

I don't know what it is about running, but I feel like a machine when I run. My whole body in tune with the motion forward. My core feels really strong. My legs were kicking - even my lungs were participating actively. I'm happy to be running again.

Maybe this is what I need. Maybe this is the kick in the rear that I need. Maybe the Endorphins will make a difference! Maybe just maybe!

1 comment:

FatGirl said...

I'm jealous, man! I still can't run (hurts the knees and shins). You go girl!