A Size Healthier in 2009 - Even if it Kills Me!

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

What am I eating?

So maybe you're wondering, "hmm, I wonder what the BIG LOSER eats and still stays around 1500 calories?".

Ok - so you're probably not thinking that, but just for kicks, I'll list yesterdays menu:

FOOD
Instant, Quick, and Regular Oats Cereal, 0.5 cup, dry, yields 148
Blueberries, frozen (unsweetened), 0.25 cup, unthawed 20
Health Valley 14 Garden Vegetable Fat Free Soup, 2 cup 160
Lays Potato Chips, Classic, 1 oz 150
Skinny Cow Chocolate Ice Cream Sandwich, 1 serving 140
Black Olives, 1 jumbo 7
Kashi Mayan Harvest Bake, 1 serving 340
Raisins, 1 small box (1.5 oz) 129
Girl Scout Thin Mints, 1 serving 160
Apples, fresh, 1 medium (2-3/4in. dia) (approx 3 per lb) 81
Organic Valley Stringles, 1 oz 90
Organic Probiotic Fat Free Yogurt - Strawberry, 1 serving 90

That makes for a grand total of 1515 calories! So that's how I do it. AS you can see, I don't deny myself those little pleasures (chips, GS cookies). I just count them!

My shortfall though, if you were to dig deeper, is that I need more protein and a few less carbs. I'm working on it. Today, instead of raisins, I am adding a handful of mixed nuts with cranberries. That adds another 7g of protein and reduces carbs by 16g.

In case you're wondering (again I don't expect you to), I have still been going to the gym. Tuesdays and Thursdays are strength-training days. Yesterday, I did a pretty intense strength-training circuit that is leaving me very sore today in my back and upper legs. Today, I am in for some cardio. 20-30 minutes of intense, pulse-racing, sweat-producing, lung capicity increasing, cardio. I should burn close to 300 calories!

I did notice a decrease in the scale today. It was modest, but nonetheless a decrease. I made the change in my ruler above.

Hey, thanks for reading. Maybe you'll find some encouragement in my wordy-words today!

No comments: