A Size Healthier in 2009 - Even if it Kills Me!

Thursday, February 26, 2009

On Again - Off Again - On .. oh wait - where's the bandwagon?

It has been a bumpy ride as of late. I was doing well for about 2 weeks before I left for vacation. I was counting my calories - consuming around 1550 per day. I was going to the gym at lunchtime. I was headed in the right direction.

Then...

I go home for a week on vacation. I start out right (at least for a day or so). I went to the gym with my sister-in-law, snowboarded for a few hours and ski'd all the next day. Then, the comfort food hit me. S.O.S., mac'n cheese, ribs dripping in BBQ sauce, pasta...it was my belly's heaven - the rest of my body's worst nightmare. By the time I made it back to my own home - I had consumed an insane amount of no-no foods and I was in desperate need of hitting the gym.

Here I am again. I started back to eating the 1550 calorie diet. I have been in the gym everyday so far. I even have started the training for the 10-mile Broad Street Run in May (it's only 10 weeks away!). I don't even want to tell you that my body packed on 6 lbs while I was home - YIKES! Luckily for me, it was a lot of water weight from all the extra sodium and "garbage" I consumed. As much as I can do this on my own - it's difficult to do it away from the home - especially when family is involved!

I have been able to take off 3 of those lbs so far. My hope/goal/dream is to have the other 3 gone by Sunday. Then, we can start the REAL weight-loss.

I am so close to my first landmark goal of 25 lbs loss and with 1 more pound, to be in the 100's. Yet, it seems that goal dances before me, like a sarcastic tease ... nana boobooing me all the way to the scale!

BUT WAIT - my time is coming and it will be here soon!

1 comment:

The Gang's Momma! said...

I'm with ya on the on again, off again. I'm currently the heaviest I've been since I moved here. Being in hibernation/isolation with Li'l Empress has not been good for the waist line. I'm "shopping around" for some ideas of how to jump start the return to health and good eating again.