A Size Healthier in 2009 - Even if it Kills Me!

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

5 days and still counting

I've been tracking my calorie intake now for 5 days. If you don't count Sunday, I've been doing very well.
  • 2/5 - 1551
  • 2/6 - 1795
  • 2/7 - 1540
  • 2/8 - 2862
  • 2/9 - 1531
  • 2/10 - 1500 (estimated)

Ok - so you're wondering what went wrong on Sunday - well, I'll tell you. It was breakfast - almost 1000 calories (2 eggs, 3 turkey sausage, 1 cup of hash brown potatoes and a few silver dollar sized pieces of fried bread dough). It was lunch - Applebee's Nacho Nuevos and a dessert shooter (approximately 1700 calories). Need I say more?!?!

I did notice this though - this online food diary is holding me accountable. I have been rethinking my Sunday habits and see an area that needs work!

So, if anything, 2 days of calories in 1-day has taught me - that's 1-days calories too many! It's also a good visual reminder that I cannot do that. I'm trying to go help myself see the value in being accountable "everyday" - not just during the week. It may be just one day, but one day here and one day there - it adds up!

No comments: