A Size Healthier in 2009 - Even if it Kills Me!

Friday, February 6, 2009

My new challenge...

So I signed up at sparkpeople.com for my own web-tracking for exercise, diet, weight, etc... I'm still very new to the site, but it's a very cool thing.

I can set weight loss goals and it tells me how many calories to consume. I go in and list out the foods and portions that I ate, it tells me how many calories I've consumed. And, it also tells me how many calories I have left to consume. There is a function where it can set-up your meal plan for the day - if you choose.

I can set-up cardio and strength-training goals. I haven't used that function yet. Can't say much more...

Anyway, this helps with one of my weaknesses, tracking what I eat and being careful about what I eat. In fact, knowing I only had a certain number of calories left for last night, I debated for like 5 minutes on whether to eat blue corn chips with my dinner or have 2 girl scout cookies. I chose the chips - like I said, I like crunchy, salty things. (I saved the GS cookies for today).

No comments: