A Size Healthier in 2009 - Even if it Kills Me!

Friday, February 13, 2009

I'm only 5 pounds from "ONE"-der-land...

I'm only 5 pounds away from "ONE"-der-land (stolen from another weight-loss blog). 5 lbs. Wow! And, I'm doing it the right way.

It's a great motivation to keep going. I don't feel the necessity to "reward" myself with some dietary treat (that will only serve to reverse the reason for the reward), but I feel happy. Just genuinely happy. That is reward in itself.

I am headed to NNY this afternoon for a week. I am a bit concerned. Granted, I've been very good about all that I've accomplished these past 2 weeks, but they were easy in the sense that I ate portioned meals out of a can or box. I measured every bowl of cereal or oatmeal. I ate canned organic soup for lunch and every dinner included a Kashi frozen meal. I plan (at the risk of offending my familial hosts) on purchasing my own meals for the week. Without really knowing what they are cooking (and I'm going to my parents house and they can cook some unbelievable rib-sticking type of meals), I can't go unprepared. I've only been at this for a few weeks seriously and I am concerned I wouldn't know a portion size from a pot-hole (much less the caloric content of whatever they are making).

Maybe the 2 lb additional weight-loss will be the added motivation I need to say "no thank you" and to pass on the homemade mac-n-cheese, scalloped potatoes or dad's infamous S.O.S. with boiled potatoes (no way I'm saying no to that - I will indulge but only after a day of skiing with the family).

Most likely I will pass on the blogging over the next 9 days while I'm out of town. If I get an opportunity, I might add an update on how I'm doing, but otherwise...

...See you in 9 days!

1 comment:

FatGirl said...

When you get to onederland, treat yourself! I bought myself a pretty ring that I wear on my finger every day to remind myself of how far I've come and how much discipline and patience it took to get there. It can be anything...a cute sweater or shirt, a pretty piece of jewelry, a nice hair clip!