A Size Healthier in 2009 - Even if it Kills Me!

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Vacation VS. THE BIG LOSER!

The BIG LOSER has not been doing as well as planned. I came home with good intentions, but they've gotten me no-where. Today is the first day that I've actually watched everything I ate. It's also the first day I've been away from my parents' home too.

Granted, on the caffeine front, I've drank no coke/pepsi, no coffee. I drank a ton of water and orange juice. I've done a ton of activity, snowboarding and skiing, walking, etc...

I ate a nice helping of Dad's infamous S.O.S., homemade mac'n cheese and ribs, pizza, etc...Not good. But a few bad days will now be overridden by a few good days :)

I have 4 more days at my family's - I stopped at the grocery store and picked up a few helpful snacks - nut mixes, yogurt, apples...I'm having asparagus, brown rice and riblets for dinner...lots of water.

I walked the mall for like an hour today with an old friend from college.

So that's where it's at so far. The scale will tell all when I return...until then...

2 comments:

The Gang's Momma! said...

I have to ask, what is SOS? And if I've learned anything on this healthier you journey, it's to take what victories you can take and start over tomorrow morning. Being out of your normal routine and normal habitat is really hard on healthy choices. Being with your family of origin can often be hard on healthy choices too, when they are happy with their lifestyle and you are trying to change yours. Hang in there, it's not all loss!

Mariann said...

Ahhhh - SOS - "$%^&* on a Shingle" - that's the military term. But my dad has taken what started as a sausage gravy and biscuits breakfast to a hamburger/sausage in a thick white gravy with spices poured on boiled potatoes. It's so awesome. It's our favorite after playing out in the snow. Definitely not a choice diet food.