A Size Healthier in 2009 - Even if it Kills Me!

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Another Big Loser...

So, the Big Loser signed up to be a BIG LOSER at the contest being hosted by my gym. I'm not sure what the rules are, but the contest begins February 16th and runs for 10 weeks.

I like competition. Maybe this will be exactly what I need to get focused. The competitor in me will rise and take over the hunger inside of me for anything salty, crunchy or chocolaty. Plus, I am thinking it will give me a new focus for those 10 weeks.

I was talking with my friend about going in at 5:30 a.m. for an hour of cardio and then hitting the gym again at lunch-time for some strength-training. It's just 10 weeks. It will be a great jump-start for training for the Broad Street Run in May (10-miler). I'll be healthier and hopefully A BIG LOSER!

I'll also put a strong (and I mean STRONG) emphasis on my diet. It's time to make a change. I'm going to become a counter of calories and a journaler of everything I eat. Starting now.

I went over to sparkpeople.com and registered for my own tracking site. I can track my weight loss goals, exercise (calories burned) and the amount of calories I consume on a daily basis. It also helps you set-up the number of calories your need to eat in order to get to your desired weight. I will see if this will help me track my calories (intake) better.

No comments: