A Size Healthier in 2009 - Even if it Kills Me!

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Only 11 more days...

The countdown is on!

The wait is almost over.

The time of preparation is closing...
.
It's half marathon TIME!
.
I have been going at the training like there's no tomorrow. I may not have the motivation, but I've had the discipline over these past few weeks to get the training time in and the miles logged. I can't say that I have enjoyed it, but I have done it.
.
The truth be told - it will all come out on the 27th - that's where the literal rubber on the bottom of my shoes hit the road or pavement or path through the woods. I have gotten the new sneakers broken in. I have figured out most of my wardrobe for the run (minus a non-chaffing unmentionable). I need to figure that one out on my own...
.
I have been working on my leg strength in the gym in hopes that I will not only be able to have the endurance to run 13.1 miles, but to do it with more strength and power, especially with the number of hills that are on the course (I have heard about the killer hill that leads to the stadium where we finish the run).
.
I'm feeling more and more confident as I do my evening runs around the neighborhood. I had some breathing problems last night that pushed me to walk through most of my miles last night. I called the pharmacist for a new inhaler, but I have to wait for the prescription to come across from my doctor's office.
.
Other than that, I'll keep you posted as the days get closer and closer...I'm getting the excitement in my blood ...
.
IT'S ALMOST TIME!

No comments: