A Size Healthier in 2009 - Even if it Kills Me!

Friday, April 25, 2008

THE EXCITEMENT IS ALMOST TO MUCH TO CONTAIN!

I have less than 48 hours until I run in my 2nd half marathon. I am so stoked! I hope this carries over to Sunday morning - when it will be rainy and chilly...

Seriously though, I have a lot of excitement and anticipation going into this run. I've been through the "I can't believe I signed-up to do this again!" to the "I can't wait!!!" phases. I've been eating like you wouldn't believe. I want to gain some time in my evenings and weekends. No more focusing on running, running, running. And more focus on working out, dieting, losing weight and maybe some school work :).

I didn't get to run last night. I had to stay late at work and then make a run to a vendor on my way home. By the time I made it home, I just ate my crockpot dinner concoction and basically went to bed.

I have one more light 2-miler scheduled for tomorrow before I leave for Allentown. I get to meet Joan Benoit Samuelson. She ran in the Olympic Marathon Trials in Boston just last week and is the World Record holder for the marathon for women over 50. Amby Burfoot is also a speaker (he won Boston a long time ago). I read all his articles and books from Runner's World. I guess if you're into running, you'd know who these people are. They are an inspiration to me.

I have one wish - only one. I dream of family and friends in the stands cheering me on as I finish the 13.1 mile run. I know they can't be there for various reasons, but I imagine what it would be like to see them cheering me on as I finish the race, tired, exhausted, yet feeling quite content and confident that I am an achiever. But alas, it will only be my imagination and capacity to control my pain/thoughts/emotions during this run that will carry me to completion.

I am still excited. Still stoked...and in less than 48 hours, ...still running!

No comments: