A Size Healthier in 2009 - Even if it Kills Me!

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

5 Days Left to train!

I went to my personal trainer this morning. I had a burning question for her. But before I get to the question, I notice she is limping. Apparently, when I saw her last week after her 7-mile run, she was feeling some pain in her leg - thought maybe she pulled a muscle. Well, 7 days later, she's barely able to walk. So guess what? She won't be running in the half this weekend. She's a bit bummed! I'd be - I'd be crying, curled in my bed with a pint of B&J Choco Chip...Just kidding!

Back to the burning question...

I asked her WHY - get this - why have I gained 2 lbs since I started to train with her and I run - ALL THE TIME. You wanna hear the answer? It turns out - Muscle weighs more than fat. OK - so we've all heard that, but I want to know how the muscle got there without using some of that fat?!?! And, get this - we build muscle faster than we lose fat. So, even though I'm running and training and doing OK with the diet, I'm building muscle ... out of who knows what ... and not losing any fat! She said, "Eat less, workout more."

WHAAAAAAA???? She's done lost her mind!

My diet will change after the half this weekend, which is only 5 days away...I'm soooooo excited! I will eat less of the stuff I shouldn't be and more of the stuff I should. Less carbs, more protein. Less Coke (whhaaaa) and more water (ooooohhhh). Less fast-food lunches and more brown bags.

Cheer me on. I still have 5 more days.

I still have the GINORMOUS hill at the end of a 13 mile run that I must ascend to make it to the finish line. It's taunting me. It's calling my name. But alas, I shall be the victor and stand triumphantly on top claiming, "I, yes I am the king of this mountain!"

No comments: