A Size Healthier in 2009 - Even if it Kills Me!

Monday, April 14, 2008

13 More Days!

After I posted on Saturday, I dug down deep inside and found that motivation needed to go running. In fact, I found enough motivation to run an entire 7 miles with only a minor walk in there. It felt great, but I still don't feel very motivated.

Did you know that you can burn over 1,000 calories in just one work-out???? I did. SO, how do you end a 7-mile, 1,000 calorie-burning workout - with whatever you want!!! I ate salmon on the grill and mac'n cheese...and, a mango sorbet afterwards...and...that was it.

I went running again tonight. My goal - run under 12:59 / mile. OK. So most of you are able to walk a mile in that time, but remember, short legs!!! I usually average just under 14 minutes for long runs. I averaged 12:30 tonight for 2. It's the goal speed for the half. 12:30 a minute for 13.1 miles! Ok. So, two down. Only 11.1 to go!

Wish me luck!

BTW - Tomorrow AM is my workout with the personal trainer. It has been going pretty good, but this week I only made it to the gym for a workout once. (I went more than that, but only for cardio). I needed to run more than I needed to workout - plus, I am using that as an excuse to give my abs a break - they so deserve it!

OK - gotta go. Thanks for your encouragement!

No comments: