A Size Healthier in 2009 - Even if it Kills Me!

Friday, April 18, 2008

9 SINGLE DAYS TO GO!

ONLY NINE MORE DAYS...
ONLY 9?????!!!!
What happend to all that time I had to get ready for this half marathon? It's all gone! The days of building up mileage and drinking power drinks and eating whatever I want (because I'm going to burn it all off when I run later) are almost over.
In the words of Charlie Brown:

"UUUUGGGGHHHH!"

I put in my 3-miles at the track yesterday. I know it's easier on your legs to run on the softer gravel track, but I think it takes more energy and work to keep it moving. I had everything I could do to kick it while I was running.

I haven't had any major issues with sore muscles or stiffness, but I have had an awful time with my heel. I stretch it, ice it and it is still killing me after I run. It hurts more when it's on the track. Guess I should consider not running on the track.

The only reason I ran the track is because my NIKE+ is attached to my IPod which is in my gym bag which is in my co-workers van which went to the service garage to get repaired. So, in order for me to know how far I was running, I had to use the track ... understand now? It shouldn't be this complicated!

!

No comments: