A Size Healthier in 2009 - Even if it Kills Me!

Monday, April 21, 2008

The countdown is on - 6 Days and counting!!

I have 6 days to go.

This is the time where I spend my week on light runs, eating lots of carbs (great excuse for Rita's Water Ice) and mentally prepare myself for 3 hours of running!

I put in my last long run on Saturday. I ran for just under 2 hours. I don't have the exact distance, but based on my pace and knowing somewhat the areas I ran in - I did just about 8 miles. For a seasoned runner - I know that doesn't sound like much, but for an overweight wannabe, that's pretty impressive!

SO, I KEEP RUNNING!


It's my therapy. It's my way of relieving stress. I may never grace the cover of Runner's World Magazine or win a major race for my age group, but I can tell you this, I run. I run because it's fun. I run because I can. I don't have to compete against anyone but myself. I set my goals and push for them, whether or not they seem impressive to anyone else. I run.
I don't know if anyone even reads my blogs (does it really matter?). I write about what I love, running - losing weight. Even if it's for no one else, it's for me.
I AM A RUNNER!
If you dare, set your goal and go for it. Forget about anyone who would say you can't do it. Forget about the fact you don't "fit the mold" or "look the part". Do what you love - love what you do.
OK. I'm done with the cliches' today.
Only 6 more days!

No comments: