A Size Healthier in 2009 - Even if it Kills Me!

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Working out can be fun!

OK. So, if you're like most Americans, you celebrated the Memorial Day Weekend (aka - the unofficial start of summer) having a BBQ with friends and family. For someone like me who is trying to lose weight and keep on a workout schedule - that can be a hard weekend.

But it doesn't have to be.

I spent my weekend with my family in NY. I went running on the track with 2 of my nephews and my niece. We ran 2.5 miles on the track. They had fun "racing" their auntie while I just kept my pace and ran the laps.

When all my family arrived, the young ones like to jump on the trampoline. It is sooooo much fun! They like me to get on so they can be "shot" up into the sky. As much fun as it is jumping on the trampoline - that's a lot of hard work! My calf muscle was burning and I was winded. I had to keep taking "time outs" and getting on and off the trampoline.

"Aunt Mariann - will you take us to the park?? Please!?!?"

So, to get to the park, I have to ride a bicycle. I like riding bicycle, but I haven't done it in like 3 years. I got on the helmet and went for a ride.

Ok - so this is day one!

Second day, I am on the trampoline - again. Again I'm winded and worn out. I was going to go home early, but ended up going to a parade, eating lunch and headed out to the lake. At the lake, I canoed, kayaked and took a short swim (unplanned of course - it was my first time in a kayak - need I say more?!). Caught a perch and huge sunny. Keepers!

It was a fun weekend. I had my fun workout, ate better than I normally would and got to spend time with my family.

Workouts can be fun!

No comments: