A Size Healthier in 2009 - Even if it Kills Me!

Friday, May 9, 2008

High Maintenance

Almost everything needs some sort of maintenance. For Example, you can't just buy a computer virus software, you have to get regular updates to keep it working at it's best. In the same way, you can't just run a half marathon and keep that level of fitness. You have to keep running and keep exercising and keep lifting. I think that's the mistake we make.

I, for one, would love the exercise, diet and lose the weight ...and then be able to stop exercising, eat what I want and still maintain that weight. Nope. Not going to happen.

So I ran the half marathon. Check.

Now what? Go running, go to the gym, eat better, go running, go to the gym, eat better, go running, go to the gym, ... You catch me!

I've been doing pretty good getting into a routine. Go to the trainer on Tuesday morning. Run on Wednesday. Go to the gym on Thursday at lunchtime. Friday, go for a run. Saturday, do both. Sunday or Monday we can go running - taking off on the other day. I'm sore 5 out of 7 days a week. I'm not doing bad on the diet part, only drinking Coke 1-2 days a week instead of everyday. Cutting the carbs and after dinner snacks.

HIGH MAINTENANCE! That's what I am. If I want this machine to run smoothly for a very long time, I'm going to need long-term maintenance. Let's go. It's time to feed the core!

No comments: