A Size Healthier in 2009 - Even if it Kills Me!

Friday, May 16, 2008

I can't get no ... MOTIVATION!

I wish I could put some sound to this blog. Then I'd play some Mic Jaguar with a voiceover.

I can't get no...motivation!
.
It has been a long week and I'm tired. That's no excuse. I'm too tired to go to the gym. But going to the gym will help me feel energy - it's that ol' Catch 22 thingy...
.
It's raining, so I'm definitely not feeling that desire to go running. So, I just make myself go. That's it. I can't wait fo rthe motivation. So I go to the gym after work and just do some general weight training and ab work.
.
There's a lot of really BUILT people there in the evening. Here I am doing my free weights (12/15 lbs each). But the guy next to me is curling dumbbells bigger than my car! I'm wiping a slight condensation from my forehead, he's got a beach towel wiping the dripping sweat - maybe I should move into the other room where the machines are. None of the big guys are in there. In fact, that room is kinda fun. You get into the big cushy seats and put your legs up on the posts - sort of like an exercise recliner. You have to push some weight and then lift some weight, but you get to set back and relax while you're doing it.
.
Last stop - stretching room for abs and stretching. I actually love doing ab work. My stomach doesn't feel like all the muscles are ripping everytime I do them anymore. It actually is enjoyable (which leads me to believe they are not working, but I do them anyway). Then, stretch. Hammies, quads, gluts, arms...
.
Ahhhh. I may not have any motivation, but I feel like this was time well spent.
Good for me!
.
Going to the gym again this afternoon during lunch. I think I'll jump on the elliptical for 30 minutes or so and then do some more abs...Maybe I'll see you there!

No comments: