A Size Healthier in 2009 - Even if it Kills Me!

Monday, June 8, 2009

Optimism - the Word of the Week

I am going into this week with an Optimistic Outlook.

I am going to have a great week. I have my meals planned out for today. I'm cutting out all the sugars this week (the refined and even unrefined ones). I'm also cutting all the sodas and "extra" caffeine that I consume.

Breakfast: Organic Instant Oatmeal, Organic Coffee

AM Snack: Rice Cakes (homemade at the Henning's - awesome snack - 16 calories each!)

Lunch: Mandarin Orange and Grilled Chicken Salad

PM Snack: Raisin, Raw Cashew and Raw Almond combination (I mixed it myself)

Dinner: Sunshine Veggie Burger with veggies and a large salad with lettuce from my garden

There is a 5-miler on Saturday that I plan on running. I've already registered. I'm going to take some time this week to prepare and get psyched "out of my mind" to run 5-miles on a Saturday morning!

My gym bag is packed for some strength-training at the gym during my lunch hour: Push-ups, Lateral pull-downs, free-weight rows, squats, lunges, crunches/reverse crunches, shower...that's the activity for my lunch hour. Got to make it a good one!

I plan on putting my feet to the pavement and putting in 2-3 miles later this evening. I have to put some time in for this 5-miler! Hopefully I haven't lost too much of the conditioning from the Broad Street Run!

Well, I really should get back to work.

1 comment:

Symon said...

Hi there. I noticed one of your favourite authors is 'Ted Dekker'. Please take the time to check out our Christian Fiction Review Blog: Flannelgraph. If you become a follower, you will be into win a free book/books each month. God bless you, Symon.