A Size Healthier in 2009 - Even if it Kills Me!

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Blah to the Blahs!!!

This week has been full of the Blahs!

The weather has been...blah.
If we go one more day without sunshine, I might turn nocturnal! I need to see and feel the sunshine warming my skin. Not only does it feel good, it changes my entire being. Please sunshine, come visit today - even if for only a moment.

My motivation has been...blah.
I went to the gym on Monday - walked on the treadmill. There was no energy in me. I cranked it to 3.7 and put it on an incline for 20 min. That's all she wrote. Tuesday - I had my appt with the personal trainer. She thought it'd be "fun" to add a cardio-circuit for my 1-hr. About half-way, I had nothin' left in the tank. It was empty. I had to dig deep and focus to get through the work-out. I left the gym feeling spent and exhausted. I didn't go at all yesterday. Today, well, we'll find out in a few hours!

Work has been...blah.
Just like every where else in America, we are feeling the slowdown in our business. It's not job-threatening or anything like that, but it's slow. I am the type of person who does things quickly and likes a "faster" pace in my work day. When it's slow, I tend to let things pile up so that I can sit down in a few hours and pound them out. It's been making for some long days!

My LIFE has been...blah.
Don't get me wrong, I've been really busy. Maybe that's what is drawing me into a state of blah-ness. Maybe I need to slow down and enjoy a night of 8-hours of sleep or maybe just an hour of TV, but I haven't had that opportunity. Sunday night - Q&A with the missionaries; Monday night - dessert night with the ladies; Tuesday night - Phillies game (with extra innings); Wednesday night - crash!

Maybe I just need some rest. I haven't slept 8 hours in close to a week. I need 8 hours of sleep. I normally get 8 hours of sleep. Maybe I just need to slow down my pace - enjoy some slow time. Enjoy some "me" time - not to be selfish or anything.

Life has it's ups and downs and can quickly get out of hand if you don't slap on a bridal and slow the darn thing down.

Let's focus now and spend a few days to put the train back on the tracks, slow down the pace and get everything back in it's proper place!

I say, "BLAH to the blahs! It's time for you to go!"

No comments: