A Size Healthier in 2009 - Even if it Kills Me!

Monday, December 1, 2008

It's Time for Plan B!

Plan A: Go to gym at lunchtime everyday and burn around 300 calories in 30-40 minutes and watch what I eat (moderately).

Ok. Scratch that. With an injury to my foot that I'm told needs to be immobilized - cardio as I currently know it is out - at least until December 9th. So...

Plan B: Go to the gym every other day for some strength training and modified cardio (go hand-bike!) and go on a strict diet.

BOOOOOO! I don't like Plan B. I like to cheat every once-in-awhile. I can't do that anymore. I can't afford the calories. So, it's time to go all out and watch every calorie that I consume.

So, today is day one.

Water
Breakfast: Oatmeal with blueberries and skim milk, coffee and 8 oz of orange juice
Water
AM Snack: Fat-free yogurt with raisins
Peppermint herbal tea
Lunch: Veggie burger with tomato on whole wheat flatbread
Diet Coke
PM Snack: Banana and hand-full of sunflower seeds
Water
Dinner: Asian Salmon with brown rice pilaf
Water
Dessert: 1 oz. dark chocolate with orange slices

That's day one. Tomorrow - we start and again! And then, we'll do some strength training at the gym. Maybe I'll focus on the arms and abs...

No comments: