A Size Healthier in 2009 - Even if it Kills Me!

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

I'm FREE!!!

I got a release - I'm free from the aircast walker !!!

The doctor is ruling out any major tears or damage and is now leaning towards the fact that I just bruised my heel (plantar fascia). So, I now have a fancy pair of orthotics to insert into my sneakers that I should have with all my shoes from this day forth to prevent this repetitive injury from getting out of control.

I can start going back to the gym and doing physical activity - but I have to limit the impact for the next 2 weeks. So, I will start some walking and some strength-training - tomorrow!!! Yeah.

I feel pretty good with those fancy orthotics. I've been running up and down the stairs at work and feeling as light as a feather!

Also, with 11 less pounds on my body (yes, 11 since Thanksgiving) - I feel even lighter.

This is a good direction I'm headed in. Look forward to the New Year. I will roll into the New Year with some good momentum and with the prospect of new year's resolutions and the slow-down of "life" in general, I'm setting myself up to be ain a great place come January 1st!

I'm hoping you'll continue to walk (or maybe run) this journey with me as I continue!

No comments: